- Faith Formation
Corpus Christi Parish was founded in 1916 from St. Mary’s Parish and the missions in Palmer Lake, the Modern Woodman of America Sanitarium, and the north end of Colorado Springs. Corpus Christi – the second parish to be established in the Diocese of Colorado Springs – served the area’s English, Italian, Spanish, and Slavic Catholics.
Parishioners purchased and moved a Baptist church to the site of the present church. The first Mass was celebrated in the new church in 1917. The cornerstone for the current church was laid in 1955.
The parish opened a school in 1921. It attained full accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The school provides a quality Catholic educations for students from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
The parish has been served by the following Pastors:
|Fr. Felix Abel||1916 – 1941|
|Fr. Anthony Eliz||1941 – 1972|
|Fr. Robert Kekeisen||1972 – 1985|
|Fr. Gerald Bruggeman||1985 – 1994|
|Fr. Bill Carmody||1994 – 2000|
|Fr. Steve Parlet||2000 – 2007|
|Fr. Mark Zacker||2007 – 2019|
|Fr. Brian Roeseler||2019 – present|